Thursday, July 15, 2010

Scenes from Sydney

Here are a few pictures for your enjoyment:

Jessica giving her part of Monday night's pub talk - "Worth the Wait"

The outside of St. Mary's Cathedral, the coldest building on earth. It is redeemed by its beauty.


Okay, maybe I lied. I did sneak one picture of the inside.

My bedroom at the House of Langrell.


The courtyard at the University of Notre Dame's Broadway campus. That's St. Benedict's, a diocesan church. To the right, you can see one part of the main academic building, most of which is behind me in this picture.

What kind of bird is this? I found him in the courtyard at Notre Dame.

Sydney's Hyde Park. I've been to the original, too!

I seem to find these guys on every continent. I love them.


During a game in which two people stood on the swings and tried to avoid getting hit by a soccer ball being shot rapidly at the swingset by the third participant. I lost.

1 comment:

  1. That bird is an Australian White Ibis, see:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_White_Ibis

    They are all over that country, and freaked me out when I was in Queensland. Glad to see you're having a good time!

    ReplyDelete