Sunday, July 11, 2010

I'm Here

After a verrrry long day(s?) of traveling, I am finally in Sydney, in the Langrells house. I've had a shower and unpacked and saw a bit of the city on the way home from the airport. It's quite large, and probably reminds me the most of New York if I was going to compare it to NY, DC, Boston, and Providence. The Langrells live over a bridge just out side of it which is a nice distance.

Qantas was a lovely airline. Despite a 15 hour flight, there were lots of accomodations - movies, games, food, tv, clean bathrooms, blankets - that were totally non-existent on my flight from Boston to LA. The dessert at dinner was cold chocolate lava cake, which reminded me of my sister because my mother made chocolate lava cake to celebrate the end of Lent this year and my sister liked it soo much better the day after. On my flight from Boston to LA, the two other people in my row were both boys from RI who went/had gone to URI and were continuing on to Australia for some sort of school. One of them lives very close to me. Typical Rhode Island, even outside of Rhode Island!

Later on, I am going to be going to SCENE with Jessica and her younger sister, Lauren. I can't wait to see what it is like!

3 comments:

  1. Amy: YIPPEE!!! Melanie and I are here at the library and happy to hear of your safe arrival.

    Melanie: Wow, lava cake, sounds yummy.

    Guess who: "Shouldn't we be working?"

    Amy: I'm now explaining to Melanie what day it is in Australia. She insisted it was Saturday.

    Melanie: She stands corrected.

    Both: Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sydney is 14 hours ahead of Providence! It's like a constant math problem.

    Amy: yay!
    Melanie: boo!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And that is why I love Qantas!!

    ReplyDelete