Thursday, June 3, 2010

Getting There: Check!

I realized early on in planning my fellowship that I was not going to know all the exact details of what I was doing before I get to Australia in July. This is especially true since I will be spending a lot of time with my host, Jessica, who is a college student and doesn't yet know her schedule (they say 'timetable' in Australia, it seems) for next semester.

However, I did receive final confirmation this morning that she is all set to pick me up at the Sydney airport on the day I get there. It's certainly good to know that even though there are a few uncertain things about my visit, I'm armed with a plane ticket and there is a friendly face waiting for me on the other side of the International Dateline, so I'll be able to get there just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment